Wednesday, May 14, 2008

John Starks and YouTube

John Starks visited Longwood Middle School Friday, which I wrote about in this week's Extra Point, available on newsstands everywhere Friday. (Well, maybe not everywhere, but most places in the Wading River to Mt. Sinai area).

Starks was always my favorite Knick growing up. I still have the poster of his dunk in Game 2 against the Bulls in '93 hanging on my wall. 

In the spirit of Starks' visit, I thought I'd link up some of my favorite YouTube Knick videos for you folks to enjoy.

If you were like me growing up in the '90s and a sports fan in New York, you loved those Knicks. Their battles with Chicago, Indiana and Miami were legendary. While the Knicks never won a title in those years, they truly gave everything they had each season. They always played hard and always battled to the end. If not for Jordan, they likely would have won a title or two, or three.

Looking at the debacle the Knicks have become now, it makes those years in the '90s all the more special and remarkable. Who knows, maybe one day in the next decade the Garden will rock again like it once did when No. 3, Jooooohn Starks!! roamed the hardwood.









The NBA hasn't been the same since the NBA on NBC days...Oh, I how miss those days...






The greatest team introductions! This kind of intensity at the Garden hasn't been around in about a decade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCG1u3b2YcU&feature=related


No comments: