Tuesday, March 11, 2008

College lacrosse update

I wanted to post a clarification from an earlier post a few weeks back when I wrote about Shoreham grads Brittany Davis and Kristen Anderson facing each other in college (Delaware and Rutgers). Well I had said Davis didn't play in the game, but she did. The boxscore on Rutgers' Web site listed the subs as 0:00 minutes, causing my confusion, but it just didn't track the actual playing time. So she was in there and has played in all four of Delaware's games thus far. My apologies.

She did score her first collegiate goal March 8 and started in a win against St. Bonaventure, which just so happens to be my alma mater. Karma, I suppose. Fellow Shoreham grad Emily Schaknowski scored three goals and had three assists in the win, adding further misery to my Bonnies. Davis' first goal came with 20:52 left in the first half to make it 3-0. Delaware went on to win, 16-9.

Wait till they have to trek up to Olean, N.Y. to play a game. It won't be so easy then.

No comments: